Information we collect from you
We may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, company name, specific interests and concerns regarding our products, and your availability to schedule a demo. We may obtain that information when you use our Services’ features to:
- Fill out and submit online forms;
- Engage with interactive features;
- Participate in our surveys;
- Register for or attend a sponsored event;
Request a demo or free trial; or
- Report a problem.
Information we collect automatically
We also may collect other information automatically when you engage with the Services, such as:
- Browser and Device Information: Certain information is automatically collected by most websites, such as information about your device and your browser. For example, we may receive timestamps of your visit such as IP address and MAC address, operating system, Internet service provider, Internet browser type and version, and other device identifications and configurations. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Search engine and other referrals: When a third party refers you to our Services, such as clicking on a link to our page from a Google search, or clicking on an online ad for our services, we will receive some information about your device and your interaction with the referring site or content. We may also receive information about the URLs you visited and what you search for, in addition to your referring and exit pages.
- Location Information: We may receive your approximate location or data that indicates your approximate location, such as your IP address. We may also receive the language preferences of the devices you use to engage with the Services.
- Web Beacons: We may use web beacons or transparent GIF files to enable our service providers to recognize a cookie in your browser. This will help us manage and measure our online advertising and analyze traffic. The cookie can be placed either by us or by our service providers.
- Providing the Services and offering the features available to you.
- Delivering features to make your use of our Website more convenient including access to demos and free trials.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our organization and our services.
- Understanding how you and our clients use our Services and to determine what features and services may interest you and our clients.
- To communicate with you and others, including responding to requests and providing promotional content.
- Trouble-shooting, de-bugging, and otherwise addressing issues that may arise with the functionality of the Services.
- Protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of records or information, our organization, our Service users, and others, including detecting and preventing fraud, misuse of the Services, and other unauthorized activity.
- Complying with industry standards, applicable law, judicial process, any properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation, or any subpoena or summons issued by a competent authority.
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information.
- To our affiliates.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, and respond to lawful requests from public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To investigate or prevent unlawful activities or misuse of the Services.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
- To a buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- With such other parties, or for such other purposes, as you may authorize or direct.
- You may choose not to provide the personal information we request. However, not providing information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Services. For example, we will not be able to provide you with a demo if you do not share your time availability with us.
- You may opt out of emails and text messages using the opt-out mechanism provided with those messages.
- You may be able to restrict the collection of personal information or functionality through your device's operating system or by disabling cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using the full functionality of the Services.
- Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time the Services do not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to use the Services to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
To the extent we act as a “controller”, consumers located in these regions may have the right to request access to, correction of, erasure of, or the transfer of your personal information. Consumers located in these regions may also have the right to request to make choices about disclosures of their personal information, including the right to object to or restrict the processing of such information. You may exercise these rights, if applicable, by contacting us in the “Contacting Us” section of this Policy. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with an EEA, Swiss, or UK supervisory authority, as applicable.
We may not be able to accommodate all requests, such as when we only act as a “processor” with respect to personal information we collect or receive on behalf of a third party in connection with the services we provide or when we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. When we collect information under the direction of, and receive information from a third party, we may have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information we process under these circumstances. If you are a customer of a third party with whom we engage in business, you are located in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, and you would like to make an inquiry or complaint, please contact the third party that you interact with directly.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may transfer personal information to the United States or other countries that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. Some of these jurisdictions may not have been deemed adequate by the European Commission or other relevant authorities to provide a comparable level of protection to that of the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK. When we transfer personal information subject to the data protection laws of these regions, we will rely on a legal framework that provides appropriate safeguards, such as the standard contractual clauses, or another appropriate framework.
7) Changes to this policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you.
When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.