Last Updated: February 2019
ShardSecure, Inc. (“ShardSecure”) is a corporation located at 101 Avenue of the Americas, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10013. ShardSecure and its affiliates (“we,” “us,” “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit our Website (“Visitors”) and individuals who register to attend our corporate events (“Attendees”).
- “Visitor” –an individual that visits our Website.
- “Information” – as described in Section 4(a), below.
3) Roles and Responsibilities
Visitors to our Website may submit data while they navigate our Website, when they make requests for more Information, or when they use the features and functions of our website. With respect to such Information (as defined below), we act as a data controller.
4) Data Collected by the Website (the “Information”)
The following are types of data are collected from Visitors who use our Website:
a) Information You Provide to ShardSecure:
We may collect personal Information on our Website such as (i) your name, (ii) telephone number, (iii) email address, (iv) title, (v) company, (vi) country, and (vii) state when:
- you fill out and submit web forms;
- you use interactive features;
- you participate in our surveys;
- you register for or attend a sponsored event;
- you request a demo or free trial; or
- you report a problem
With respect to our Website, we do not collect nor process special categories of personal data.
b) Information-Gathering Technologies
ShardSecure, its affiliates, and authorized third parties may use information-gathering technologies to collect Information as you navigate our Website.
These technologies are listed below:
- Cookies. For more information about our use of cookie technology, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Web Beacons. We may use web beacons or transparent GIF files to enable our service providers to recognize a cookie in your browser. This will help us manage and measure our online advertising and analyze traffic. The cookie can be placed either by us or by our service providers.
- Similar Technologies. For the same purposes as cookies and web beacons, we use other technologies, such as tags, scripts, HTML5 local storage, and local shared objects.
- Do Not Track. Due to the lack of a common industry or legal standard for interpreting Do Not Track (DNT) signals, ShardSecure does not respond to browser DNT signals. ShardSecure will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard in order to enhance our privacy program in relation to this technology.
When you navigate our Website, we collect log files which include timestamps of your visit, your IP address, internet service provider, browser used, operating system and other device identifications and configurations, locale and language preferences, visited URLs, referring and exit pages, and what you search for. The data that we collect by using these technologies is anonymous and not personally identifiable. The only condition when this data is attributable to you is when you submit a form to request for additional information, request for a demo, submit surveys, or enroll in any of our sponsored events.
5) How We Use the Information
Information held about you may be used to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about our products or services that may interest you. We could contact you either by phone or by email.
If you do not want us to use your Information in this way, or to pass your details onward to third parties for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from such emails using the link provided in emails, by speaking with your ShardSecure contact, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have unsubscribed from our services, you will no longer receive future communications from us unless you explicitly submit a form via our Website requesting our services.
We may use the collected Information about Visitors for the following purposes:
- To obtain any required consent;
- To respond to any problem that you reported to us;
- To respond to any request that you send to us;
- To notify you when we are legally required to do so;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you requested from us;
- To provide you with a demo of any of our Products or Services when requested;
- To send you an invoice if you are an Attendee to an event organized by us;
- To notify you about changes to our Website;
- To identify areas for improvement, and improve our Website;
- To measure the effectiveness of our Website and marketing efforts;
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with our Website.
We, and our authorized third parties, may use your Information to provide you with the information, products, or services that you requested from us.
6) How We Share Your Information
We may share Information about Visitors with business partners, contractors and third-party service providers that support our business operations or who provide services on our behalf.
We may also disclose your Information to:
- comply with legal obligations;
- enforce or apply our policies; or to
- protect the brand, rights, properties and/or safety of ShardSecure and others.
ShardSecure does not distribute, sell, rent, or trade Visitor information submitted through our Website to anyone.
7) How Long We Keep Your Information
Your Information will be stored for only as long as necessary for the purposes set out above, thus the retention period for your Information will vary depending on your interactions with us (for example, where you have made a request to us via our Website, we will keep a record of your request for the period necessary to ensure the adequate provision of services to you). We will keep a record of your request for as long as necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Information, we consider the sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Information, the purpose(s) for which we process your Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
8) Your Choices
The browser and/or mobile devices you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies and other types of local data storage and allow you to control whether location or other data is shared. ShardSecure does not control these choices or default settings, which are offered by the producers of your browser and/or mobile devices.
Upon reasonable request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Information with regards to your usage of our Website. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us for the processing of your Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As required by applicable law, we will apply your preferences going forward, within a reasonable amount of time. Even where you withdraw your consent, we may still process your Information for limited purposes. For example, to give effect to your request or to safeguard our business. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your Information will mean that you cannot use some of our products or services.
9) Your Rights
Subject to applicable law, request a report of your information for the purpose of correction or deletion. In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict access to your Information and object to your Information being used in a specific manner. Such requests can be made by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe but not later than any response time(s) required under applicable laws. However, please note that there are limitations to these rights and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
The security of your Information is important to us. ShardSecure maintains appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of Information that is submitted via our Website both during transmission and once it is received. However, there is no absolute assurance that data will be protected from unknown types of threats and vulnerabilities. You should note that by submitting data through our Website, your Information will be transferred through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control. We will strive to use appropriate tools and procedures to protect your Information, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To learn more about our security practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) Children’s Information
Our Website does not intentionally collect any personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), then do not submit any personal information on our Website. If you learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use appropriate tools, procedures, and commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
12) Location of Data
All Visitor data collected via the Website is always stored within the United States. We do not offer to store Visitor data anywhere else. Information may be transferred from the European Economic Area to the United States.
13) Third Party Links
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third parties. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
14) Data Protection Officer and Contact Details
ShardSecure’s Data Protection Officer and Information Security Officer are the responsible data protection officers for ShardSecure Networks, Inc. and its affiliates. Questions regarding this policy can be directed by mail to the address below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
101 Avenue of the Americas, 9/F
New York, NY 10013, U.S.A.